logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles that crash MapSource with latest Mkgmap

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Apr 5 23:16:40 BST 2009

Hi

> Do you recommend to use the -ea option in my mapbuilding process just to
> notice that a map has failed? I certainly would like to know if it did,
> so I can flag it as such. Or does it do other (possibly unwanted) things
> as well?

It would certainly be useful to use -ea.  In theory assertions should only be
triggered because of a bug or something unexpected or something that is not
handled.  In all those cases it would be good to know about the problem
anyway.

> Thanks for looking into this. Do you still want me to try find out in
> which Mkgmap version this error occurs first?

No I don't think that will be useful any more.

It looks like the splitter is going to have to look at the number of ways
or even the number of highways to deal with this without making all tiles
smaller than they need to be.

..Steve