logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tiles that crash MapSource with latest Mkgmap

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Apr 5 19:03:14 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:47:26PM +0200, Lambertus wrote:
> I've been busy generating new Garmin tiles, but unfortunately some of
> the tiles cause MapSource to crash...

I've tried to make some similar maps and I think the reason is that the NET
section is overflowing.

If assertions are enabled (java -ea ... ) then I get this one triggered.

  assert offsetNet1 < 0x400000 : "NET 1 offset too large";

If is leave assertions not enabled then I get a map that appears to be
broken in qlandkarte in a similar way to the maps you produced.

So I guess we need to make this a proper error.  And perhaps investigate
why the NET section is sometimes so big.

> Some further testing showed that the tile was rendered (using the same
> commandline!) without causing the problems using Mkgmap-r830.

That will be because routing with .osm files was not in r830 :)

..Steve