logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing Restrictions - Auto Routing with Pedestrian Gocus

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Apr 5 17:24:45 BST 2009

1. I want to leave my PNA/Mapsource in the car setting and just have a
map for carrouting and a map for outdoorsportsrouting. Setting the PNA
to bicycle or pedestrian instead of car makes intelligent auto routing
impossible (because road_class and speed_class will not work properly).
It makes much more sense to built different maps for car navigation and
for pedestrian or bicycle use and instead switching the profile just
activating/deactivating a mapset.
Adding
highway=* {set access = yes}
maxspeed=* {set maxspeed = no}
will work but makes map compilation much longer. Could there be a
commandline parameter like "--ignore-car-information" that will make
mkgmap ignore the access and maxspeed key? In fact this would make
mkgmap even faster for any kind of outdoor sport-map.

2. I was wondering about how I can make routing available on all sort of
highways & routes & aerialways.
By default routing doesn't seem to work on key aerialway, even if I put
a road_class and road_speed to it. Simply putting this in my style-file
will not produce a routable line.
highway=cable_car  [0x?? road_class=? road_speed=? resolution ??]
Instead I have to put the following into my style file:
aerialway=cable_car {set highway=cable_car}
highway=cable_car  [0x?? road_class=? road_speed=? resolution ??]

the same goes for all kind of routes or other keys that are not highway.
However mkgmap takes a long time working on the set command . Would it
be possible to enable routing independantly of the key (be it
highway;aerialway;waterway;railway.....]?