logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Restaurant+hotel not appearing in nuvi

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Apr 3 15:24:48 BST 2009

As I wrote. All maps that have the same MapID will be shown at the same
time. The higher the "mapname" (notice you can't change that by simply
renaming but you have to compile with another "mapname" parameter) the
higher the order for showing. All Polygons need to be in the base layer
(the one with the lowest mapname) otherwise they are shown above lines
and POI. Inside a single .img Polygons will allways show at the bottom.
For POI that solution makes not much sense though as there are far to
many sensible combinations. The problem with a second layer is that a
second layer is not enough. Imagine a road being part of a cycling
route, a mtb route and a hiking route. So now you would have to make ONE
layer for EACH.

Garmin devices are more flexible than mapsource, insofar that you can
change the "transparent" bitset and show several maps with different
mapID at the same time - this enables us to use more different types (as
unluckily we still have no RGN2,3,4, support (also falsely known as
3-byte support)). In Mapsource you can only show maps of the same MapID
at the same time (so only one mapset at a time). On the devices again
you have to have on base map (not transparent) - and additional
transparent mapsets best without polygons to be shown above in order of
their mapnames.

Having mkgmap double, tripple,... check every POI, Polyline the map
generation would be more flexible and quicker.
Greetings,
Felix