logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Restaurant+hotel not appearing in nuvi

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Mar 31 21:09:43 BST 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:08:54PM +0100, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> Hello
> I have a node tagged as follows:
> amenity=restaurant
> name=some_name
> tourism=hotel
> If I search for it in my nuvi, it appears under Food, but not under
> Accommodation. Shouldn't it appear in both sections?

Is there a Garmin symbol code for that?  The closest that I was able
to find is 0x2b02 for bed&breakfast.  I didn't check if it would show
up in both menus.

You can always define separate points for the hotel and the restaurant.
The restaurant and the hotel reception probably are at slightly different
locations (usually, both on the ground floor).

	Marko