logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to correct plazas in default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Mar 31 06:57:11 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:52:36PM +0200, Johann Gail wrote:

>>> Hm... this polygon type (0x13) is not documented in the
>>> garmin_feature_list.csv file in the mkgmap resources directory, is it?
>>> Where did you find it?
>>>

>> I found it in the cgpsmapper manual - it seems to have more Garmin
>> codes than the garmin_feature_list.csv file. You can find it here:
>>
>> http://www.cgpsmapper.com/download/cGPSmapper-UsrMan-v02.4.3.pdf
>>

> I just stumbled over another list of types. Its contained in the
> cookbook for the maptk programm. (Available only in german)
>
> http://www.maptk.dnsalias.com/Docs/Kochbuch.pdf

Luckily, the lists are mostly in English.  Hmm, 0x0d
("native american reservate") is listed as both Reservat
and Heide.  If I remember my German correctly, the latter can
mean both a type of land and non-Christian people. :-)  Maybe
the description can be overridden in the TYP file.

Based on the file names in http://maptk.dnsalias.com/MapTk/,
it appears to be a Python program.  There's also a file for
Ubuntu (a derivative of Debian GNU/Linux), but the manual mentions
some Windows tools (cgpsmapper, GPSMapEdit).  It also mentions
mkgmap in section 3.4, discussing different IMG formats.

Hmm, page 41 mentions language codes for the TXT fields in TYP files.
This would be useful for translating custom POIs.  For example, for
amenity=recycling, we could define custom POI types and texts listing
the acceptable types of materials.

	Marko