logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why the map doesn't show up - greetings from China

From Jani Patanen sqzwxa202 at sneakemail.com on Mon Mar 30 09:11:31 BST 2009

Hi.
Ended up to China, Dalian to be exact.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.009&lon=121.675&zoom=10&layers=B000FTF

Loaded up several maps, splitted them up (with splitter.jar) and created
an .img with mkgmap (leaving out the routing information). to my
disapointment, my eTrex legend doesn't show the map, it just uses the
base map instead, which is next to nothing. I even tried loading
cloudmade built gmapsupp.img of china but results are the same. yet
mapnik shows the coast and some details. Is the problem in mkgmap or eTrex?

See comparison of mapnik and eTrex
http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1402.jpg
(200kb)