logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] An Observation

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sat Mar 28 13:25:49 GMT 2009

Paul schrieb:
> When following a route if you go off course you
> seem to have to travel quite a way off course before the device
> re-calculates. I don't know whether this is related to Garmin, my 605,
> mkgmap or something else so thought it worth mentioning.

I have made the same observation with my Nuevi.

If I use the pre-installed city navigator maps, it detects nearly
instantly, when you leave the precalculated route.

If I use on the same device an OSM-map created with mkgmap, you need to
travel approx. 100m away from the road, before the deviation is detected.

Gruss
Torsten