logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oneway=no vs. motorway_link routing

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Tue Mar 24 10:42:27 GMT 2009

Clinton Gladstone wrote:

> This would mean:
>
> - 0x09 is NOT inherently one-way.
>
> - "oneway=no" does not necessarily override the "add oneway=yes;"
> directive in mkgmap.
>
> The easiest solution would be to also remove "add oneway=yes;" from
> your lines file. I have so far not encountered a case where I was
> routed the wrong direction on a motorway_link. Most likely the reason
> is that the actual motorway element will have a one-way direction,
> which will be the determining factor in calculating the route.
>
> Perhaps you could try this and report on your results?

You are right. Removing the "add oneway=yes" helped. It seems that mkgmap
overwrites existing "oneway=no" tags if I use "add oneway=yes". This is
contrary to the documentation in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules#add . Is this a
bug or is the documentation wrong?