logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oneway=no vs. motorway_link routing

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Mar 23 15:52:18 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Ralf Kleineisel <ralf at kleineisel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried a route along this motorway exit:
>
> http://data.giub.uni-bonn.de/openrouteservice/index.php?start=10.0073556,49.7406141&end=9.9884299,49.7443303&pref=Fastest&lang=en
>
> on my etrex and in mapsource. Both avoided the exit.

I have the following entry in my lines style file:

highway=motorway_link {add bicycle = no; add foot = no } [0x09
road_class=4 road_speed=3 resolution 17]

I was able to correctly route your example in MapSource.

This would mean:

- 0x09 is NOT inherently one-way.

- "oneway=no" does not necessarily override the "add oneway=yes;"
directive in mkgmap.

The easiest solution would be to also remove "add oneway=yes;" from
your lines file. I have so far not encountered a case where I was
routed the wrong direction on a motorway_link. Most likely the reason
is that the actual motorway element will have a one-way direction,
which will be the determining factor in calculating the route.

Perhaps you could try this and report on your results?

It may be necessary, however, to clarify the precedence of oneway
attributes in mkgmap.

Hope this helps.