logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] map features and detail levels

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Mar 22 07:29:52 GMT 2009

Nop schrieb:
> When creating custom styles, I have observed that in the Garmin maps
> some POI types are treated differently. Of several pois with different
> types and identical resolution, some show earlier and some show later.

> I have seen this behavious on the device, but I guess it may be the same
> principle in MapSource.

I can confirm this problems. Not all POI numbers are working (correctly
or at all) when you are using typ-files. Mapsource and the devices are
behaving a little bit differently, but both show strange effects. Sadly
this is also true for some of the numbers which are used for the POI
searches.

So at the moment I choose a better map display instead of the POI search
and stay with the numbers I know to work correctly: 0x40??, 0x41??,
0x50??, 0x51??, 0x60??, 0x61??

Gruss
Torsten