logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter area list

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Wed Mar 18 17:14:53 GMT 2009

Ralf Kleineisel schrieb:
> Torsten Leistikow wrote:
>
>> I would like to use splitter to cut tiles matching to my SRTM-tiles
>> using the --split-file option
>
> I'm not so sure if this a good idea in the first place. I tried this for my
> south Germany hiking map. Soon I realized that there are densely populated
> flat areas (lots of OSM data, little SRTM data) and sparsely populated
> mountains (few OSM data, lots of SRTM data). That's why you need small SRTM
> tiles in different places than small OSM tiles.

In principle yes, but

a) I like to merge the OSM data and the SRTM data while they are still
osm-files, so that each garmin map tile combines both data sets. Then I
have them together visible in mapsource.

b) I want to cut from the weekly europe.osm file the area I am
interested in. Therefor I also need to specify the boundary for the
cutting. There are also others tools for such task, but I am using
splitter anyway.

Gruss
Torsten