logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road Name POIs

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Thu Mar 12 22:50:23 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
>> Err, what search reference?
>
> Well, on the etrex, when you do, say, find city, it will show you a
> list of cities and you can then press menu again to get a menu that
> allows you to search by name, etc. One of the options is "change
> reference". That lets you move the cursor to the point on the map you
> want the search to start from. Very useful if you are based in the UK
> but you want to check street names in Iceland!
>
> Most of the categories support that menu option.

Ahhhhhhhhh. None on my categories support that. Pressing Menu takes you
to the root menu, mode takes you back a menu level and ok takes you to
an option to spell the name you're looking for. None of the other
buttons do anything.

I'm going to do some experiments with maps from different countries to
make sure that I can search these in the normal way (for my 605) just in
case I'm mistaking this with an inability to search anywhere outside UK.
I have previously been to France with my GPS and the map worked fine but
all I did was follow pre-plotted routes or record where I was. I didn't
try routing or searching.

Cheers

Paul