logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road Name POIs

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Thu Mar 12 21:36:11 GMT 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> As you've confirmed that this map DOES contain the relevant info I tried
>> it on my 605 and still no joy. I'm quite happy to accept that it's my
>> device that does something different (probably the 705 as well) as
>> opposed to an error but thought I'd add to the knowledgebase anyway.
>
> Err, you did remember to change the search reference to where the map
> is, didn't you?
>
> Cheers,

Err, what search reference?

As I said earlier, on the 605 to find anything you choose the menu
options Where to? | Find places. I'm then presented with a list of
Favourites, Cities, Food & Drink, Gas Station, Lodging, Attractions,
Transportation, Shopping, Bank & ATM, Entertainment, Recreation,
Community, Hospital, Auto Services.

I removed the basemap and looking through the above categories some of
the subcategories that are on my normal map were missing which suggests
that it was reading these correctly from the downloaded map but other
that that I don't know what to say. I've looked through everything on
the Settings menu and can't find anything relevant.

Cheers

Paul