logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI and routing with multiple tiles

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Thu Mar 12 21:30:18 GMT 2009

stefan at binaervarianz.de escribió:

>> I haven't tried myself, but I think merging two osm files should be
>> nearly as simple as copy them both into one file. Should only need
>> small work whit the header lines to get a valid xml file.
>>

> I've just read in another forum that merged osm files from geofabrik
> regions will still not route correctly cause the ways and shapes along
> the border don't get merged in a sensible way. Even when using osmosis.
>
> Has anyone tried this yet? I imagine the routing needs connected ways
> to route along and there is no code in splitter or mkgmap which would
> re-connect the broken ways on the borders. Even for osmosis it would
> be impossible to know which ways to connect. It's probably no save
> assumption to just merge every way with overlapping nodes on the border.
I merge spain and portugal maps from geofabrik (after sorting them) and
produce routable maps download-able at
http://mapas.alternativaslibre.es. I have done little test myself in
border areas, but have not received any problem report from the people
who download the maps (not so many till now ;-) ).
Cheers
Carlos