logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road Name POIs

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Mar 12 20:48:05 GMT 2009

Hi,

> Oh sorry about that, brainfart:) I should have given you a link to a
> file that was actually useful to you!
>
> Here's one made with:
>
>     wget "http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/map?bbox=-22.093,64.025,-21.594,64.203"
> -O reykjavik.osm
>     java -jar ~/src/mkgmap/dist/mkgmap.jar --road-name-pois
> --description="OSM Reykjavik"  --latin1 --gmapsupp --route --net
> reykjavik.osm
>
> with revision 975 of mkgmap (trunk):
>
> http://u.nix.is/gmapsupp.img
>
> I just tried loading that map and I can't find anywhere in the Find
> menu where I can search for streetnames (as before).

That map does contain points with code 0x640a and sensible looking labels.

I loaded it onto my etrex, the RNP show up under "Geographic points"
and "all POI".

Does your GPS have an option to search for all POI near the current postion?

If so, they should show up as entries of the form ROADNAME/CITYNAME,
where CITYNAME should be the nearest city/town/hamlet to the road.

Cheers,

Mark