logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option --latin1 not working any more?

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Thu Mar 12 14:32:44 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Steve Ratcliffe
<steve at parabola.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes, as you say, previously, the --nocodepage was useless as it still put
> CodePage=1251 into the file, so you couldn't tell the difference.
>
> As osm2mp is now changed, I will apply the patch that
> Johann posted.

His patch:

       } else if (name.equals("CodePage")) {
-            if (!value.equals("1252"))
-                dec = Charset.forName("cp" + value).newDecoder();
+            dec = Charset.forName("cp" + value).newDecoder();

Seems to only set the character set when there's a CodePage key in the
file, osm2mp.pl does not output any when run with --nocodepage.

I tried running osm2mp.pl --nocodepage and mkgmap --latin1 on an osm
export recently and all the non-ascii characters were screwed up, it
worked again with --codepage 1252 though.