logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] patch to correct plazas in default style

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Mon Mar 9 16:36:51 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 6:26 AM, Clinton Gladstone
<clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 5:23 AM, Ben Konrath <ben at bagu.org> wrote:
>>> Hm... this polygon type (0x13) is not documented in the
>>> garmin_feature_list.csv file in the mkgmap resources directory, is it?
>>> Where did you find it?
>>
>> I found it in the cgpsmapper manual - it seems to have more Garmin
>> codes than the garmin_feature_list.csv file.
>
> Is polygon type 0x13 not usually used for buildings?
>
> This is what Bernhard Heibler's POI Address + Area POIs v7 patch adds
> to the polygon style file:
>
> +building=yes [0x13 resolution 18]
>
> If so, this presents a significant conflict.

Yes, that's right, 0x13 is being used for buildings too. IIRC, 0x13 is
meant for "human-made" stuff but if we want to differentiate buildings
from plazas then I think we're back to using 0x17 (parks) which is
fine by me. What do you think?

Cheers, Ben