logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request: style files in wiki

From stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de on Mon Mar 9 12:51:44 GMT 2009

Hi there,

first let me thank you for your awesome work.
I would really like to support you more by giving more feedback and
test results, but after I tested a version and brought something down
to paper about the results, the rev number has some 50 points more
than my test version.

But nevertheless, I have some feature request here:

As I read here an the list, many of you have personal rulefiles for
customization. Be it for different devices (nuvi, edge, legend) or
different usage (car routing, cycling, hiking).

By now I can learn how to create my own by looking into the OSM Wiki.
But actually most of the work seems to be done already by other users.
Would you mind sharing your styles with everybody? Maybe in the OSW
Wiki? Maybe even with an example screenshot?

And by the way: could someone point me to a page explaining what
exactly .typ files are and how they can be produced/merged into an
.img? I would really like to get mkgmap-maps with the visual style of
the computerteddy maps with his .typ file.

Thanks anyway for you great work, please keep up the impressive work

Stefan