logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road Name POIs

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Sat Mar 7 19:47:44 GMT 2009

As this has now been merged to trunk I thought I'd have a look as I've
never properly tried to use it before. I'm sure that I'm missing
something as having compiled a map with the --road-name-pois option I
don't see anywhere I can search for road names.

I downloaded great_britain.osm and compiled the latest mkgmap from
subversion and did the following

java -jar splitter.jar --mapid=70000001 --max-nodes=1000000
great_britain.osm

java -Xmx2048M -jar mkgmap.jar --latin1 --gmapsupp --route --net
--code-page=1252 --country-name="UNITED KINGDOM" --country-abbr=UK
--tdbfile --tdb-v4  --road-name-pois --description="Map of GB" 70
0000??.osm

On my 605 to search for anything I select the options Where to? | Find
places. I'm then presented with a list of Favourites, Cities, Food &
Drink, Gas Station, Lodging, Attractions, Transportation, Shopping, Bank
& ATM, Entertainment, Recreation, Community, Hospital, Auto Services

Some of these also have sub-sections but I can't see where road names
are. I thought that using the --road-name-pois option would add an extra
option into this list but I may well be mistaken. Items listed under the
above categories are being read from the mkgmap created map as things I
have added are present when they weren't previously

Where am I going wrong?

Cheers

Paul