logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] City POI

From Fabrizio Lorenzini centocolli5526 at yahoo.it on Fri Mar 6 13:40:39 GMT 2009

Hi guys, I am a new subscriber of this list, but a long time user of mkgmap, since I usually use it to transform OSM to Garmin img for my Colorado 300 (wich I use, of course, for OSM mapping).
Now I am very happy about the new features of mkgmap (routing), but I have a little question about City's POI. In my points configuration file I have the following  lines:

place=city [0x04 level 4]
place=hamlet [0x0a level 2]
place=locality [0x0b level 1]
place=suburb [0x08 level 2]
place=town [0x05 level 3]
place=village [0x06 level 2]

(quite similar to the original one, but I use "level" instead of "resolution" and I did some tuning to balance the "weight" of the POIs on the map).
I am able to see all the POIs in my map (both on my unit and in Mapsource), but I am not able to search for them in the "City" list (they are also recognized like "generic" POIs), neither in Mapsource nor in my Colorado (the last version of mkgmap I used is the 971).
Do I am missing some other configuration parameter?

If someone is interested to my map (Trentino Alto Adige in Italy) wich is "biking&hiking-oriented" you can find it at this website:
http://www..webalice.it/centocolli5526/GPS/

Thank to everyone wich contribute to this project!
Fabrizio

http://mail.yahoo.it