logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Keep left/right to xxx

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Mar 4 19:58:55 GMT 2009

Toby said:

> I tried
>
> /--------
> | highway=motorway_junction { name '${ref} ${name}' | '${ref}' | '${name}' }
> \--------
>
> but that didn't make any difference to my directions.  Hope that tiny
> datum is helpful!

Yes it's just one short step away from making a POI that will be visible
on the map.

highway=motorway_junction { name '${ref} ${name}' | '${ref}' | '${name}' }
highway=motorway_junction [0x2000 resolution 16]

It's probably not the whole answer because when I tried it out in
mapsource, the exit name wasn't mentioned in the routing instructions.

It would be good if someone tried out routing via a motorway exit using a map
generated with the above addition to points to see if a real GPS
mentions the exit by name or not - I suspect it won't but maybe we'll
be lucky.

It's probably worth adding a rule to generate the POIs for exits anyway.

Cheers,

Mark