logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Keep left/right to xxx

From Jani Patanen sqzwxa202 at sneakemail.com on Wed Mar 4 18:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi.
What are the rules when Garmin instructs to keep right/left to some_road?
I know that turn left/right instruction comes if the angle between two
nodes is big enough.
The reason I'm asking is the situation at:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=60.20587&lon=24.93416&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
If I come from south via Ratapihankatu and my route takes me to east on
Koskelantie, I get no instructions from the GPS unit.
In this case, it would be good to get the "keep right for..." instruction.

I have tried (with local file) adjusting the angle where
ratapihantiesplits in to two, but only got "turn right" instruction once
the angle was big enough. Just that it's not intersection requiring a
turn, just a lane change...