logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r959: Make the sorting of cities repeatable.

From svn commit svn at mkgmap.org.uk on Sun Mar 1 22:37:37 GMT 2009

Version 959 was commited by steve on 2009-03-01 22:37:37 +0000 (Sun, 01 Mar 2009)
BRANCH: poi

Make the sorting of cities repeatable.
Previously I was getting a different order for the same input file
each time I ran it.

We need to investigate how names should be sorted as it depends on locale
and not on character set.

For example ?\195?\164 comes at the end of the alphabet in Norwegian but is sorted
with a in some other languages.

This code sorts cities in the same way as cgpsmapper produced maps of
germany I've seen.  The accented characters are sorted with the
non-accented.  Previously accented characters were at the end.