logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Display of overview map at large zoom values

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sun Mar 1 21:45:04 GMT 2009

Hi

> I have noticed that when I view a map in Mapsource, and I zoom out to a
> scale of 300 km or above, the entire map disappears. The problem is

The problem here is that when you zoom out far enough you are supposed to
see the overview map.  This should show major roads, coastline etc.
However at the moment mkgmap does not write anything (other than required
map areas) to it.

Its something that needs doing very badly and in fact an earlier verion of
mkgmap did this.

So unfortunately a solution is a little way off.
Although I've been meaning to start on it for several weeks now...

Cheers,

..Steve