logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] OT - Access/Turn Restrictions

From Wolfgang v. Hansen wvhansen at fom.fgan.de on Sun Mar 1 11:32:39 GMT 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Mark Burton wrote:

> I do not know if garmin supports restrictions that are only in force
> during certain hours. I have carried out web searches and found nothing
> so far on that subject. If we had an example map (unlocked) that
> contained an example of such a restriction we would have a chance to
> reverse engineer it.

Well, there is an example: The Sierichstraße in Hamburg is a one-way
street where the direction of traffic changes daily at 4:00 and 12:00.
Garmin respects this with City Navigator as I have just tested.

Swiss mountain passes might help as well to understand the mechanism as
they are blocked in Winter and disallow routing.

-Wolfgang