logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Sun Mar 1 08:17:43 GMT 2009

On Mar 1, 2009, at 00:21, Johann Gail wrote:
>> It's time to eat humble pie. I managed to create a single tile with
>> all
>> the places and roads on that I've been testing and this chooses
>> exactly
>> the same route as the inter-tile file. It seems it was just a
>> coincidence that the routes hit the motorway around the tile
>> boundary.
>>

> Sorry, my testing gaves other results. If I create a map with two
> tiles, then border crossing takes place at a secondary street with a
> rather inoptimal route.
> If I compile the same map into on single tile, then routing works as
> expected.

So you have a residential crossing a boundary that's not routed
through, right? If you try to route just from one end of that street
to the other, the route also takes a detour?

If that's the case, things I'd try to check next were:
* running both tiles through test.display.NodDisplay, does the point
where the road crosses the boundary occur in NOD3?
* do things improve if you thin out the residential (in the .osm,
before passing to mkgmap) so nodes aren't too close, and there's no
nodes close to the boundary

Cheers
Robert