logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sat Feb 28 23:21:11 GMT 2009

> It's time to eat humble pie. I managed to create a single tile with all
> the places and roads on that I've been testing and this chooses exactly
> the same route as the inter-tile file. It seems it was just a
> coincidence that the routes hit the motorway around the tile boundary.

Sorry, my testing gaves other results. If I create a map with two tiles,
then border crossing takes place at a secondary street with a rather
inoptimal route.
If I compile the same map into on single tile, then routing works as
expected.

So i conclude that definitely something with the inter-tile routing gets
wrong. It is not the osm data.

All tests are done on a etrex venture, as I have no running mapsource here.