logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] OT - Access/Turn Restrictions

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Feb 28 22:53:39 GMT 2009

Hi Paul,

> I have the situation below where road C is pedestrianised except for
> buses between 0800 and 1800 and is accessible by everything at other
> times. I've currently got it covered by no_left_turn restrictions from A
> or E to C and no_straight_on from B or D to C but this doesn't fully
> describe the restrictions (these have hour_on/off parameters). My
> question is how would I fully describe this situation with turn or
> access restrictions?
>
>        |A
> B------ at -------C---------@---D---
>                          |E

I do not know if garmin supports restrictions that are only in force
during certain hours. I have carried out web searches and found nothing
so far on that subject. If we had an example map (unlocked) that contained
an example of such a restriction we would have a chance to reverse
engineer it.

The restriction records in the map certainly have space for some more
flags/info but all the examples I have seen so far look the same.

Cheers,

Mark