logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cannot compile svn splitter in mac

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Feb 28 14:36:26 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM, FlaBot <flabot at googlemail.com> wrote:

> java version "1.6.0_07"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06-153)
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_07-b06-57, mixed mode)
>
> Where is the bug ? Why cant i compile from svn ? Running Mac OS X 10.5.6

I get this error when I use the Java 1.5 compiler. Could it be that
you have only symlinked the java binary to the 1.6 version, and not
javac?

I would suspect you get something like this when you enter javac -version:

$ javac -version
javac 1.5.0_16

Try the following in a Terminal window:

export PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/home/bin:$PATH
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/home

You should be able to then get the following:

$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0_07

When I do this, and then build with ant on my macbook, I can properly
build splitter.

Cheers!