logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Fri Feb 27 22:09:28 GMT 2009

Johann Gail wrote:

>> I'm afraid I don't see any difference with the latest version.
>>
>> Sometimes (but not always) I can route from W/E near the top of a tile.
>> I'll look for more patterns.
>>

> I've tried now with r942 on a etrex and seen the following:
>
> Crossing S/N borders seems to be no problem, routing gives more or less
> reasonable routes.
>
> Crossing E/W borders doesn't work ok, as described by others too. In my
> case it alway finds a route, but the route is really not optimal. The
> inter tile crossing always takes place at a highway or a secondary one,
> even if start and destination are only a few kilometers appart and far
> from a highway.
>
> My impression is, that routing on E/W borders doesn't work at all, but
> takes place at the basemap instead.

I've removed the basemap from my 605 and have the same East/West
problems so I can't see how it can be doing that. As I've already
commented what I saw was that when routing east I would be directed
along primary roads until I'd crossed the tile boundary (I didn't
measure this exactly but it was close) and then directly to the motorway
after which the given route was what I would have chosen myself