logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Wolfgang v. Hansen wvhansen at fom.fgan.de on Tue Feb 24 10:21:40 GMT 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Mark Burton wrote:

> So, more work required but it would be great to get some feedback as to
> how it's currently performing especially on real gps units.

I hope I'm not too late, but development here is faster than I can read
this list. :-)

I made a test map of Germany composed of rectangular tiles from europe.osm
using r918. Routing works fine on my StreetPilot c510 for almost any
destination and the chosen route is always reasonable. (Routing in
MapSource is unusable, but you knew that already.)

The only case where it doesn't work is when the destination of a long
route is in a tile corner at the map border. If you start closer to the
same destination it is able to find the route. I would guess that this is
simply due to the cuts in the road network near the destination and
Garmins preference for highways over long distances.

-Wolfgang