logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some notes on mkgmap Nod version 923

From Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net on Tue Feb 24 10:01:15 GMT 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 20:31, Mark Burton wrote:
>> I wonder what would happen if instead of changing the geometry, we
>> just lied about the angles in NOD.
>
> That's a really interesting idea, can you try doing that sometime?

Attached is a patch (compiles but untested) that should nudge the
headout of motorway exit link roads to the left by 15 degrees. It's
obviously a horrible hack, but it'd be interesting to see to what
extent it has any effect, in particular on turn instructions.

If you're driving on the right side of the road, change NUDGE_DEG to a
positive value.

I've also lowered *_link road class for safety, though this may not be
necessary.

Cheers
Robert