logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Testing inter-tile routing with mapsource

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Feb 19 23:55:47 GMT 2009

I have spent quite a while crawling around a 13 tile map using mapsource
and, so far, I can route anywhere that's actually connected. N/S/E/W it doesn't
seem to care.

Sometimes, it will just draw a straight line but if you break the route down
into smaller pieces it can route.

It seems like that it's a complexity thing. It just gives up when it
thinks the route is too tough to compute (computer says no).

Felix's point about the OSM data being not perfectly connected is
interesting but we can't control how the gps behaves and we can't just
go around linking up roads that look close enough to be connected but
aren't actually. So I don't know if we can do much about that.

Cheers,

Mark