logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Thu Feb 19 10:57:31 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> Robert heroically discovered why the inter-tile routing was not functioning at
> all well and I believe it's now become quite useful so I have committed the
> code to the trunk.

Thanks! I just recompiled a map of Germany with r911: I am very happy
to report that inter-tile routing does work for my initial, simple
test cases in Mapsource.

> I appears to work fairly well in mapsource although I have found that for
> long routes it gives up and draws a straight line even though it can route OK
> if you add some intervening waypoints.

I can also confirm this behaviour: in a test crossing multiple tiles
over a long distance (from Heilbronn to Cologne), Mapsource attempted
several recalculations and then drew a straight line from start to
destination. When I added an additional point to the route, Mapsource
immediately recalculated the route correctly.

Later on, I'll try some further tests on my GPS unit.

It's great to finally have this feature -- even with small inconveniences.

Cheers.