logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Inter-tile routing now available in trunk

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Feb 19 00:56:24 GMT 2009

Folks,

Robert heroically discovered why the inter-tile routing was not functioning at
all well and I believe it's now become quite useful so I have committed the
code to the trunk.

I appears to work fairly well in mapsource although I have found that for
long routes it gives up and draws a straight line even though it can route OK
if you add some intervening waypoints. So, more work required but it would
be great to get some feedback as to how it's currently performing
especially on real gps units.

Obviously, if you find this new code has broken the intra-tile routing, it
can be backed out.

All feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Mark