logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Not much progress on inter-tile routing yet

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 18 14:33:44 GMT 2009

Not much too report after spending quite a few hours on this last night.

I am trying to understand why some inter-tile connections are good and
a lot are bad. I have tried moving points around and rounding coordinates
and stuff like that but with no knowledge gained about from the fact that
it appears you can zero the bottom 2 bits of the lat/lon values in the nod3
record and it doesn't stop a good inter-tile connection from working. If you
zero 3 bits, that stops it being usable.

I have tried limiting the size of the NOD3 section to 16 entries, it made no
difference.

I shall work some more on it tonight.

Cheers,

Mark