logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with routing to a destination at oneway

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 18 14:21:17 GMT 2009

Hi Clinton,

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:
> > I'm mystified as to why it is necessary to set dirindicator because
> > on my etrex, routing appears to use one-way streets as expected without
> > dirindicator being set - very odd.
>
> Would you still like me to post the OSM source for the region? A +/-
> 1km extract could be a little too large to comfortably send to the
> mailing list.

No, I'm sorry, I was speaking rubbish. The etrex does show the problem.

I think what's happening here is that without dirindicator being set,
the gps will not route INTO a oneway street the wrong way. But if the
route STARTS in a oneway street, it will route OUT using the wrong direction
unless dirindicator is set. If you ask me, that's pretty dumb behaviour
by the gps.

Cheers,

Mark