logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Thoughts on OSM routing

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Feb 17 12:28:10 GMT 2009

Hi Toby,

> I've had a play with routing over the weekend - it's generally great,
> though I'm looking forward to routing across map boundaries!
>
> I've occasionally seen the roundabout-exit counting problem - though
> more commonly, data-source problems with entries/exits not marked
> one-way when they should be.
>
> Other than that (and the discussion suggests that's now fixed), it
> seems to be working really well - thanks, team!

Glad to hear it's working well for you.

The roundabout exit problem can be fixed by using the --frig-roundabouts
option. It's rather a hack and may actually make some roundabouts suffer
from the problem when, before, they didn't but, at this time, it's all
we have.

I believe the problem is that the gps doesn't appear to recognise a roundabout
exit if the exit road is too close to being lined up with one of the segments
in the roundabout it is attached to.

If we can come up with a better fix, it would be good.

Cheers,

Mark