logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] creating a mapsource installer

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Fri Feb 13 17:06:13 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:41 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please provide tips and tricks in creating a garmin mapsource
> installer without the cgpmapper.  I want it exclusively on opensource.
>  Has anyone did this?

Some of the available Garmin maps[1] provide a .bat installer, perhaps
you can try out if that's user-friendly enough for your needs?

I also produce a Garmin map export using mkgmap and it would be nice
to bundle them up in some idiot-proof way for Windows users without
using proprietary software.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download