logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] creating a mapsource installer

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Fri Feb 13 15:42:12 GMT 2009

maning sambale schrieb:
>Hi,
>Please provide tips and tricks in creating a garmin mapsource
>installer without the cgpmapper.  I want it exclusively on opensource.
> Has anyone did this?
>--
>cheers,
>maning

Hi, maning,

Actually i know 2 ways to do it, but both use cgpsmapper(freeversion).

Way 1:
-Use ezMS V103 (http://www.malfreemaps.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=909) to
install the mapset in Mapsource . cgpsmapper is delivered together with ezMS
-use Innosetup(http://www.jrsoftware.org/isdl.php) for creation of the
installer

Way 2:
-create a gmapsupp.img(however you want)
gmaptool also can create a gmapsupp.img
-Use gmaptool (http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html#gmaptool)=>
use Function SPLIT of gmaptool - "create-files for mapsource)=> as
result you get all files for installing the mapset to mapsource. Maybe
you have to set your pathes in the install.bat you get from gmaptool
gmaptool requieres also free version of cgpsmapper
- Use Innosetup for creation of the installer

Innosetup: there is also a GUI, called
ISTool(http://www.jrsoftware.org/is3rdparty.php) available
Also you can take another Tool for creation of the installer if you prefer.

cheers Gert