logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] some reports on the recent svn-nod mkgmap

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Fri Feb 13 02:24:30 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've recently used the the nod branch using the native OSM file as
input, and here are some comments on my brief use:
tested on my garmin etrex legend cx and mapsource

1.  routing is fine for short routes of a 100KM but not so for very
long routes about 1200KM (yeah maybe too much).  Mapsource reports an
error "Error Code:3" and my etrex just hangs to 99% when calculating
the route.  I also have another map from another source and Mapsource
doesn't reports error code:3
2.  roads and cities are now searchable! But islands names are not.
(My previous using osm2mp can search islands)
3. ferry routes are not routing

I also added contours and the looks are excellent!  However, when
panning and zooming for long periods on my etrex, the whole map just
disappear.  Is this a a problem with unit and not the data?

Hope this helps the dev team.

--
cheers,
maning