logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Feb 12 00:05:24 GMT 2009

Hi Steve,

> So in fact, there are more roads etc in the OSM version than the MP
> version.
>
> However, the NOD section is much larger on the MP version; it contains
> fewer roads but more routing nodes.
>
> I assume that the different number of roads is differences in how they
> are joined together.  I can't see or think why the number of nodes
> would be different.

That the number of roads being larger for the OSM version is reasonable:

1 - the OSM code doesn't make any attempt to join road segments

2 - the OSM code splits roads so that they have no more than 16 nodes

As for the nodes, the OSM code doesn't (yet) add any boundary nodes.
Does the MP version?

Cheers,

Mark