logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 11 22:02:24 GMT 2009

Hi Bernhard,

> - It seams that restrictions are not implemented. Nuvi tried to route me
> through a "destination only" road. Didn't happen with polish version.

I guess you mean ways that are tagged access=destination?

The attached patch fixes that case. It's too strict in that it will stop
all routing using the tagged way but I don't know how else to handle it.

> - Map generation with bigger maps seams to be rather time consuming.
> Generation of my map (160km x 160 km) takes now 19 minutes.  With the
> old method it took 3 minutes for osm2mp and 4 minutes for mkgmap. I ran
> hprof but I didn't find the time consuming portion until now.

hprof showed that quite a lot of time is going in Coord.distance(). The
orginal road name pois code used that method a lot to find the nearest
city to each road. So that will get improved when your more efficient code
is integrated.

Does it go any faster if you give the Java VM more memory?

Cheers,

Mark