logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Feb 11 10:26:52 GMT 2009

Hi,

> I tried the latest snapshot:
>
> mkgmap-latest.tar.gz 	Feb 11 	01:41 	mkgmap-latest.tar.gz
>
> And tested in my Garmin, I generated the img with this:
>
> java -Xmx512m -jar mkgmap.jar --latin1 --gmapsupp --route philippines.osm
>
> The file is 4.5 MB, my previous routable map from mkgmap-route-r806 is 8.5 MB.
>
> The city search is working but cities have the following label:
> i.e. Las Pinas, GBR
>
> AFAIK GBR is for Great Britain
>
> The routing defaults to the Garmin supplied map and not the OSM mkgmap output.
>
> Any idea why?

OK - 2 things:

1 - the OSM routing is not yet in the main SVN trunk so it won't be in the
snapshot file. You need to check out the nod branch from the SVN repository.

2 - to avoid the GBR, you need to give a --country-abbr="???" option.

Cheers,

Mark