logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r868: Implement routing for .osm input files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Feb 10 22:28:41 GMT 2009

Paul,

> > Incidentally, I am currently looking at a route on my etrex where the graphical
> > description (aka picture on the screen) shows taking the second exit at a
> > particular roundabout (which is correct) but the text that goes with the picture
> > says, take the first exit (which is wrong!) - not sure what's happening there.
>
> There's loads of occurrences of this. If it's the ame thing as I have
> seen then it's where the last node of the road you're on and the first
> node of the first road off the roundabout are the same node.

Actually, that isn't so in this case. Please see attached screenshot showing
mapsource windows - mapsource seems to do the same as the gps in this situation.

In the route properties window, it says take 1st left.

In the graphical window, it shows the correct route (2nd exit).

I wonder if it's because everything is highway=trunk except for the road at
the first exit which is highway=secondary?

Cheers,

Mark