logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Option --latin1 not working any more?

From Jan-Ole Spahn Jampl at gmx.de on Thu Feb 5 12:58:12 GMT 2009

I'm sorry if this was discussed before, I just subscribed!

In the version route-r806 the option --latin1 worked to get german
Umlauts displayed correctly (Using nocodepage option for osm2mp).

Now i tried r858 and r861, and runnig with same options the unlauts will
be displayed as ??, on Garmin oregon and QLandkarte.

This was pretty working for umlauts:
#java -Xmx512M -enableassertions -jar mkgmap-route-r806/mkgmap.jar
--latin1 --route --gmapsupp map1.mp

This produces ?? instead of umlauts:
java -Xmx512M -enableassertions -jar mkgmap-r861/mkgmap.jar --latin1
--route --gmapsupp map1.mp

Something known about this?
Best regards, Jan