logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wrong_route_calculation / strange straight routing lines on GPS

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Sat Jan 31 22:48:04 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:05:26PM +0100, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> problematic road in several small pieces in JOSM, they are again merged
> in a single one when I create the mp file using osm2mp. I would like to

osm2mp merges roads with the same name, so if you change the name of each
piece then it will not merge them, I believe.

But mkgmap already has code to split long lines as there is a limit of
around 256 on the number of points in a line that the devices accept.
Reducing the number MAX_POINTS_IN_LINE in LineSplitterFilter.java will
reduce the line length.

It could be that there is a limit to the number of routing nodes in the
line not just the number of points.

Regards

..Steve