logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Find by name - experimental patch

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Fri Jan 30 12:31:47 GMT 2009

Mark Burton escribió:
> Folks,
>
> I attach v3 of the patch - this one should generate maps that will work
> with gpsmapedit (city list will no longer be rubbish/empty). It should also
> cope with unnamed cities (Bernhard, please test!)
>
> It still does not enable the "find by name" option in mapsource (do I
> really care?) so something must not be quite right.

Thanks for implementing find by name feature. I've been trying to test
it in a nuvi 300, but I didn't succeed. I used r856 to generate a map
typing:
/java -enableassertions -jar mkgmap.jar --route --latin1 --gmapsupp
--country-name=Espa\361a ../osm2mp/viajes.mp/
If I try to search in the resulting map by address, no State/Province is
found in the database. Also if I try to spell a city, no one appears.
What I'm I doing wrong? Could you explain how to get this new feature
functioning? Best in wiki [1] to be useful for more people.
Kind regards
Carlos

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Mkgmap#Installing
> Comments/fixes welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Por favor, no me envíe documentos con extensiones .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .mdb, mdbx

Instale OpenOffice desde http://es.openoffice.org/programa/index.html
OpenOffice es libre: se puede copiar, modificar y redistribuir libremente.
OpenOffice es gratis.
El uso de OpenOffice es totalmente legal.
OpenOffice funciona mejor que otros paquetes de oficina.
OpenOffice está en continuo desarrollo y no tendrá que pagar por las nuevas versiones.