logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Find by name - experimental patch

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Thu Jan 29 20:42:08 GMT 2009

Hi Mark,
>> I also did some experiments on the point index city stuff some weeks
>> ago. I think I was really close but the city search never worked for me.
>> Maybe I just stopped too early because I checked the effects in
>> GPSMapEdit and city list was always screwed up. Looks like point index
>> support is broken in it since "your" maps will also screw up GPSMapEdit
>> city list.
>>

> Yes, I have now fixed the problem so that gpsmapedit city
> list is not broken - new patch will be issued shortly
>
> However, it still doesn't enable the "find by name" menu option in
> mapsource. I am trying to find out why but as I don't use mapsource,
> I am not so motivated!

I'm also no mapsource user. The most mysterious question for me is still
what we have to do to enable the "Address" input function in the nuvi.
Mine still asks to  "Spell County" but has no county. It should ask for
a Country first but it looks like we have a US only map flag or
something set by accident. I hope this is not part of some other img
sections we don't have information about.

Thanks
Berni.